A spectacular sight is coming up this year for much of the U.S. The August 2017 total solar eclipse is on its way and it’s in your best interest to prepare to see it right now. Here are a few good tips on planning an unforgettable vacation to see one of nature’s great wonders.
- Plan for Time Off Now: The 2017 solar eclipse is going to be a truly memorable day. It’s a good idea to plan ahead and take time off to see it, so you won’t miss a single second. A lot of events will be going on in the weekend before eclipse day, so make a little mini vacation out of it.
- Socialize: There is bound to be many events and activities before, during and after the solar eclipse. Take this opportunity to get to know other people and make some new friends before the eclipse. The eclipse, itself, has already provided a decent ice breaker.
- Mind the Weather: Weather is always going to be incredibly unpredictable. Be sure to prepare for any likely weather changes. Bring an umbrella and a raincoat, just in case. It’s also in your best interest to have a jacket handy, as the sun’s rays will be blocked for a time and the temperature will drop. Although the drop in temperature will be relatively minor, it never hurts to be prepared.
- Invest in some safe solar eclipse glasses: As reported by NASA, the only totally safe way to look at an eclipse is to specially designed filters or welder’s glasses. You can find eclipse viewing glasses online. It’s vital to get yourself a pair of eclipse viewing glasses to protect your eyesight.
- Bring Supplies: The actual event of the eclipse is going to be a long one. You’re going to be standing under the summer sun for a few hours, so be sure to bring sunscreen. You also may get hungry or thirsty, so pack a cooler filled with snacks and drinks while you wait.
- Make it Memorable: Take pictures, record videos, blog about it. Share your experience in viewing this incredible occasion. Those that couldn’t be there to see it will want to know how it was and it’ll help you remember it for a long, long time.
The total solar eclipse this year is going to be one for the record books. If you’re are planning a trip to go see it, make sure you are prepared. We hope you found these tips helpful for this outstanding occasion.
For more information on eclipse viewing glasses, please visit luntsolarsystems.com.