White Light Solar Wedges
- View or image the Sun in white light with a Lunt Solar Wedge! This diagonal-type solar filter inserts into the focuser of your nighttime telescope for safe viewing of eclipses, sun spots, and more.
- Available in either a 2″ or 1.25″ model. 1.25″ is best for refractors 4″ and under, and the 2″ is best for refractors 6″ and under.
- The addition of a polarizing filter (sold separately) is recommended when using the solar wedge visually.
Please Note: If this product shows “Available on Backorder” and you would like to “get in line” by placing an order with a 10% deposit, send us an email. A member of our staff will contact you with lead times and deposit information.
Estimated lead time:
2″ 4 weeks
For solar white light imaging and white light visual observing. The Lunt White Light Wedge comes with a built in ND3 filter which allows perfectly safe imaging or visual observing of the Sun. If you wish to do visual observing we recommend dimming the image for your eyes with a Polarizing Filter. Simply put one Polarizing Filter on the bottom of your eyepiece and adjust the brightness to your comfort by rotating the eyepiece.
We offer 2 sizes of White Light Wedges. The 2” version allows for 2” eyepieces and has a 2” barrel for the focuser, and the 1.25” version allows for 1.25” eyepieces and has a 1.25” barrel. The 2″ model performs best on refractors with apertures of 6” or less. The 1.25″ model performs best on refractors up to 4″ in aperture. As long as you can reach focus for imaging with a standard star diagonal on your night time telescope, you will be able to reach focus when imaging with Lunt Solar White Light Wedges.
Lunt White Light Wedge Packages Include:
- Lunt White Light Solar Wedge (1.25″ or 2″, depending on what you choose)
- ND3 Pre-installed Filter
- Metal Carrying Case
- Die Cut Foam with room for accessories
|Dimensions||12 x 12 x 12 in|