All Lunt LS60tha DS solar telescopes need a blocking filter.
Which blocking filter is right for you?
B600 – Visual use.
B1200 – You want a wider field of view and/or plan to do some imaging with a standard camera.
Images were taken through a Lunt LS60THa DS solar telescope.
The addition of a secondary front-mounted interference filter and the upgrade of the rear trimming filter transforms the Lunt LS60THa into a superb visually-enhanced instrument with the ability to also image the Sun utilizing basic camera equipment.
Adding the front filter provides a view of the Sun in virtual 3D. An active ball of churning boiling gasses that spew from the surface in what can be violent eruptions. Cause and effect can be viewed and imaged in real time.
- Ultra-Narrow Band Hydrogen-alpha (656.28 nm) Dedicated System.
- A 60 mm refractor based system with additional 50mm aperture secondary removable filter.
- Dual etalons with tilt-tuning allows for imaging with most basic camera equipment.
- The system includes the clamshell with threaded holes for mounting, dust caps, and is delivered in two aluminum re-enforced cases.
LS60THa (Tilt-Tuned & Double Stacked) Specifications:
- Type: Dual Interference Etalon
- Tuning: Front tilt
- Aperture: 60 mm (Scope) 50 mm (Filter)
- Focal Length: 500 mm
- F Ratio: 8.3
- Bandpass: <0.5 Angstroms @ 656 nm
- Focuser: 2″ Crayford with 10:1 fine adjustment or 2″ Feather Touch with 10:1 (choose from Options drop-down)
- Mounting: Integrated clamshell style with 1/4-20 tapped base
- Color: Pearl White with Black and Red accents
- Blocking Filter: B600 Diagonal or B1200 Diagonal (choose from Options drop-down)
- Storage: Two Aluminum finished hard cases with fitted foam
- Weight: 6.6 lb (Scope) 2.5 lb (Filter)
Image shows a pressure-tuned Lunt LS60THa DS with external filter installed. This product is tilt-tuned.
Current news about the sun from NASA.