All LS100THa solar telescopes require a blocking filter.
Which blocking filter is right for you?
- B1200 – for visual use
- B1800 – for larger field of view and imaging applications
- B3400 – for larger field of view and imaging applications with larger sensors
- No Blocking Filter – only choose this package if you already have a Lunt Solar Systems blocking filter at your disposal. All Lunt Solar Systems h-alpha telescopes require a Lunt Blocking Filter!
Images taken through this telescope
LS100THa Solar Telescope
The Lunt LS100THa solar telescope is a complete solar telescope. This refractor-based system has a precision-aligned doublet ED lens with a 102 mm aperture. Furthermore, the focal length is 714 mm, for an f/ratio of 7. Additionally, the course focus adjustment is made via a slide tube. While focusing is achieved with a high precision 2″ Starlight Feather Touch focuser with 10:1 reduction as standard equipment. Most importantly, an internal etalon with tune adjustment allows for a <0.7 Angstrom bandpass.
True Doppler Tuning
Importantly, True Doppler Tuning allows for a shift into and away from the user, adding a 3-D like component to the viewing experience. To be sure, it has minimal effect on proms due to their location at the edge of the disk, but it does have an effect on filaments and likewise the active regions on the surface. Also while looking at a filament at the center of the Sun, the user has the ability to Doppler shift from the base of the filament to the tip. In this way following the filament through it’s structure toward you and away from you. Amazingly, this allowing for enhanced visual and imaging capability for the observer as well as a research tool for the avid hobbyist. In addition the pressure tuning system provides an order of magnitude more precision to the tuning of the desired features.
LS100THa Solar Telescope Specifications: (single stacked)
- Optical Aperture: 102 mm
- Etalon: Internal <0.7 Angstrom
- Tuning: Internal Pressure Tune (Doppler True Tuning)
- Focal Length: 714 mm
- F Ratio: F/7
- Focuser: 2″ Feather-Touch focuser with 10:1 reduction
- Tube diameter: 121 mm
- Tube length with blocking filter: 634 mm
- Storage: Aluminum finished hard case with fitted foam
- Weight: 12.2 lb
- Optical tube with 2″ Feather Touch focuser with 1.5″ travel
- B1200, B1800 or B 3400 Blocking Filter
- Sun Finder: Televue Sol Searcher
- Mounting: Lunt 12″ Dovetail
- Case: Aluminum Finished Hard Case with Custom Foam