The Lunt 152mm Hydrogen-alpha Solar Telescope is currently the largest standard production solar telescope available on the retail market, and is sure to provide the most stunning balance of resolution and performance.
The 100% unobstructed system will perform to the highest level at both low and high magnifications. Utilizing both advanced high-contrast coatings, and the new Doppler True Pressure Tuning system, the user will be able to experience crisp, sharp, high magnification visual images, as well as utilize this system for high end digital processes.
True Doppler Tuning allows for a shift into and away from the user. Adding a 3D like component to the viewing experience. While it has minimal effect on proms due to their location at the edge of the disk, it does have an effect on filaments and active regions on the surface.
While looking at a filament at the center of the Sun, the user has the ability to Doppler shift from the base of the filament to the tip, following the filament through it’s structure toward you and away from you, allowing for enhanced visual and imaging capability for the observer as well as a research tool for the avid hobbyist. The pressure tuning system provides an order of magnitude more precision to the tuning of the desired features.
This system has an optional, interchangeable, CaK module allowing for the research of multiple wave lengths thru the same platform. You can also convert the LS152THa for nighttime viewing with a special backing plate & focuser kit.
The Lunt Solar Systems LS152THa Solar Telescope is perfect for the Intermediate to Advanced User.
Lunt 152mm Specifications: (single stacked)
- Type: Single Interference HD Etalon
- Optical Aperture: 152 mm
- Bandpass: <.65 Angstroms @ 656.28nm
- Secondary Etalon: Internal Interference reducing Bandpass to <0.50 Angstroms @ 656.28nm (Choose from Options in Secondary Filter step)
- Tuning: Internal Pressure Tune (Doppler True Tuning)
- Focal Length: 900 mm
- F Ratio: f/6
- Focuser: 2″ Crayford with 10:1 fine adjustment or 2″ Feather Touch with 10:1 (Choose from Options in Focuser step)
- Blocking Filter: B1800 or B3400 (Choose from Options in Blocking Filter step)
- Mounting: Tube rings with 1/4″ tapped base (Included with OTA)
- Storage: Aluminum finished hard case with fitted foam
- Weight: 30 lb