The Lunt 100mm Hydrogen-alpha Solar Telescope is an advanced solar system. This refractor-based system has a precision-aligned doublet ED lens with a 102 mm aperture. The focal length is 714 mm, for an f/ratio of 7. Course focus adjustment is via a slide tube. Fine focusing is achieved with either a standard Crayford style Focuser with 10:1 reduction (for standard Visual use) or a high precision 2″ Starlight Feather Touch focuser with 10:1 reduction (Recommended for Visual & Imaging).
An internal etalon with Doppler True Tuning adjustment allows for a <0.7 Angstrom bandpass.
True Doppler Tuning allows for a shift into and away from the user, adding a 3-D like component to the viewing experience. While it has minimal effect on proms due to their location at the edge of the disk, it does have an effect on filaments and active regions on the surface. While looking at a filament at the center of the Sun, the user has the ability to Doppler shift from the base of the filament to the tip, following the filament through it’s structure toward you and away from you, allowing for enhanced visual and imaging capability for the observer as well as a research tool for the avid hobbyist. The pressure tuning system provides an order of magnitude more precision to the tuning of the desired features.
Lunt 100mm Specifications: (single stacked)
- Type: Single Interference Etalon
<li”>Optical Aperture: 102 mm
- Bandpass: <.70 Angstroms @ 656.28nm
- Tuning: Internal Pressure Tune (Doppler True Tuning)
- Focal Length: 714 mm
- F Ratio: F/7
- Focuser: 2″ Crayford with 10:1 fine adjustment or 2″ Feather Touch with 10:1 (Choose from Options in Focuser step)
- Blocking Filter: B1200, B1800, or B3400 (Choose from Options in Blocking Filter step)
- Mounting: Tube rings with 1/4″ tapped base (Included with OTA)
- Storage: Aluminum finished hard case with fitted foam
- Weight: 12.2 lb