Lunt LS50FHa Solar Filter
- 50mm front-mounted non-obstructed hydrogen-alpha filter for use on Lunt ED Telescopes or Double Stacking an existing Lunt Solar System!
- Connect the Lunt LS50FHa to the Lunt ED telescope with the adapter (Included), or use it to double-stack on an existing Lunt 50mm filter for a ~<0.5A band pass!
- Choose the appropriate LS50FHa and blocking filter to match your Visual and/or Imaging requirements.
DSII Requirements: No adapter is needed to add one LS50FHa to another LS50FHa for double-stacking.
Please Note: If this product shows “Available on Backorder” and you would like to “get in line” by placing an order with a 10% deposit, send us an email. A member of our staff will contact you with lead times and deposit information.
If you would like to purchase a Lunt ED telescope to match your Lunt Solar Filter please click here:
You will be routed to our ED Telescope Section.
Please note that the appropriate adapter plate will be shipped with the filter dependent upon your choice.
Estimated lead time: 3 months ARO
Effective October 1st 2016….
Due to the ever changing designs of 3rd party telescopes and the recent issues Lunt have had trying to match the “specifications” given by these manufacturers, Lunt will no longer offer adapter plates for 3rd party products.
Lunt Solar recommend that Customers pair their Lunt Filters with a Lunt product. This will guarantee the fit and performance of the entire system.
Lunt Solar offer Double Stacking filters for our products. These DSII systems will include the adapter plate required for the Lunt product being Double Stacked. Please see our DSII Filters for more info.
The Lunt LS50FHa is a 50 mm aperture (no central obstruction) integrally tuned etalon for use on Lunt ED Refractors.
Lunt Solar will be introducing a larger selection of ED Telescopes that will meet your Solar needs for Daytime observing and meet the additional requirements of Nighttime observing.
Lunt Solar also offer a full line of dedicated Solar Telescopes.
A Lunt Solar front mounted Filter MUST be used with a matching Lunt Blocking Filter (this is a safety requirement). Choose the blocking filter that best suits your requirements for the system. A larger blocking filter is recommended for imaging due to the need for in-focus of the camera.
- B600 – Visual Use – Typical to the LS/ED80
- B1200 – Imaging and Visual Use – Typical to the LS/ED80
- B1200 – Visual Use – Typical to the LS/ED102
- B1800 – Imaging and Visual Use -Typical to the LS/ED102
These Hydrogen-alpha Filters are designed to retrofit to the Lunt ED telescope for use during the day. They are easily removable so that the Lunt ED scope can continue to be used for night observing.
Because the LS50FHa has an estimated bandpass of <0.70 Angstrom it is capable of providing high contrast views of both surface and edge detail. Adding an additional etalon system (double-stacking) will reduce the bandpass to ~<0.50. Allowing for higher resolution viewing and/or imaging. The part number LS50FHa is offered for this purpose or for those who already have a Lunt blocking filter.
LS50FHa Specifications: (single filter)
- Optical Aperture: 50 mm
- Etalon: Internal <0.70 Angstrom
- Tuning: Tilt
- Focal Length: ED80 (f/7) ED102 (f/7)
- Filter Storage: Aluminum finished hard case with fitted foam
- Filter Weight: 2 lb (~1kg)
|Dimensions||16.00 x 16.00 x 10.00 in|
B600 – ED80 – Visual Use, B1200 – ED80 – Visual and Imaging, B1200 – ED102 – Visual, B1800 – ED102 – Visual and Imaging, LS50F/DSII – Double Stack Filter