Lunt LS60THa Solar Telescope – Pressure-Tuned
- 60 mm f/8.3 dedicated h-alpha telescope.
- An internal etalon with pressure-tuning adjustment allows for a <0.70 Angstrom bandpass.
- The LS60THa includes your choice of a 2″ Crayford or Starlight Instruments Feather Touch Focuser and blocking filter, and comes with an aluminum case.
A blocking filter is required with this system. Choose the system with the appropriate blocking filter (and focuser) for your applications.
B600 – You are planning to use this telescope visually.
B1200 – You want a wider field of view and/or plan to do some imaging with a standard camera.
Please Note: If this product shows “Available on Backorder” and you would like to “get in line” by placing an order with a 10% deposit, send us an email. A member of our staff will contact you with lead times and deposit information.
Estimated lead time: 4 months
$1,309.00 – $2,399.00
The excitement of viewing our Star through a dedicated solar telescope is sure to provide many many hours of visual enjoyment and educational insights. This package is fully upgradeable at any time without ever having to go back to the factory. As the Sun becomes increasingly more active, you will appreciate that the instrument can grow right along with it.
The Lunt LS60THa Solar Telescope, complete with a Pressure Tuner, provides the basic essentials perfect for a first time introduction to solar observing, while also including the newest technology for fine tuning, allowing basic research of the Sun’s disk and some surface details.
True Doppler Tuning (Pressure Tuning) allows for a shift into and away from the user, adding a 3D-like component to the viewing experience. While it has minimal effect on proms due to their being at the edge of the disk, it does have an effect on filaments and active regions on the surface. While looking at a filament at the center of the Sun the user has the ability to Doppler shift from the base of the filament to the tip, following the filament through it’s structure toward you and away from you, allowing for enhanced visual and imaging capability for the observer as well as a research tool for the avid hobbyist. The pressure tuning system provides an order of magnitude more precision to the tuning of the desired features.
LS60THa/PT Package Features:
- Narrow Band Hydrogen-alpha (656.28 nm) Dedicated System.
- A refractor-based system with a 60 mm front objective.
- An internal Etalon with a pressure tuner allows for <0.70 Angstrom bandpass, providing a perfect blend of edge and surface detail.
- The system includes the clamshell with threaded holes for mounting, dust caps, and is delivered in an Aluminum re-enforced case.
Specifications: (single stacked)
- Type: Single Interference Etalon
- Tuning: Internal Pressure Tune (Doppler True Tuning)
- Aperture: 60 mm
- Focal Length: 500 mm
- F Ratio: F8.3
- Bandpass: <0.70 Angstroms @ 656 nm
- Focuser: 2″ Crayford with 10:1 fine adjustment or 2″ Feather Touch with 10:1 (Choose from Options drop-down)
- Blocking Filter: B600 Diagonal or B1200 Diagonal (Choose from Options drop-down)
- Mounting: Integrated clamshell style with 1/4-20 tapped base
- Color: Pearl White with Black and Red accents
- Storage: Aluminum finished hard case with fitted foam
- Weight: 8.8 lb (4 kg)
Choose an LS60THa with the blocking filter that is right for you:
B600 – for visual use
B1200 – for larger field of view and imaging applications
All Lunt Solar Systems h-alpha telescopes require a Lunt Blocking Filter!
|Dimensions||23.00 x 16.00 x 9.00 in|
|LS60THa – Pressure Tuned|
B1200CPT – 12mm Blocking Filter with 2" Crayford Focuser, B1200FTPT – 12mm Blocking Filter with 2" Feather Touch Focuser, B600CPT – 6mm Blocking Filter with 2" Crayford Focuser, B600FTPT – 6mm Blocking Filter with 2" Feather Touch Focuser, LS60THa/PT – NO Blocking Filter, NO Focuser – See Warnings for the Option