Lunt Solar Systems is Hiring an Outside Sales Manager
Lunt Solar Systems is a manufacturing and sales facility located in Tucson, Arizona that designs, fabricates, assembles, and tests high end solar telescopes and solar filters.
As Lunt continues to move into the large format professional telescope and optics market in the U. S. new international partnerships have allowed the company to thrive. To support this expansion Lunt is hiring an Outside Sales Manager to drive the Professional division expansion. This key position is responsible to create and implement sales strategies in close coordination with Lunt’s leadership and digital marketing company. Sales and marketing strategies will be tracked and modified as needed to drive sales, build industry relationships and expand the company.
Technical Sales Qualifications
This is a technical sales position that requires an extensive amount of outreach, networking, marketing, phone sales, and fielding of customer questions. Industry specific experience is prefered and experience navigating RFQ/RFPs by government institutions is a must.
- The position requires some knowledge of Telescopes and/or Optical Systems.
- The position does require relevant experience in a high tech sales environment.
Office and support staff are primarily located in Tucson, AZ however this position can be worked remotely and will require travel to shows and dealer/customer locations in and occasionally outside of the United States. Outside Sales Manager must be available to attend weekly (or as needed) web meetings with Lunt staff and the Lunt Marketing Team.
This position will forecast and schedule trade shows and be available to attend those events even on weekends and holidays when necessary (Christmas and New Year excluded).
- Generate and qualify leads via phone and email with potential customers.
- Schedule and follow up on sales appointments via internet or phone with existing/new dealers to discuss upcoming products and sales promotions, dealer issues, and ongoing dealer sales requirements.
- Promote products/services to new and existing Lunt customers through the generation of new ads and promotions via magazine and internet/social media in close coordination with Lunt’s current marketing company. The salesperson will work closely with Lunt’s marketing company to track conversion and optimization of marketing sprints.
- Close new sales by means of proactive customer service and responsive sales strategies.
- Maintain positive dealer relationships to encourage dealer promotion and sales of Lunt products
- Prioritize and/or escalate client questions and concerns to increase client satisfaction
- Source and develop client referrals
- Track personal appointments, status reports, and sales
- Meet or exceed monthly sales goals
- Continuously improve through feedback
Salesperson Requirements and Qualifications
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Authorized to travel outside of the U.S.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Aptitude for negotiation and persuasion
- Highly motivated, determined, and target driven
- Proven track record in the sales environment
- Ability to meet and exceed monthly sales quota
- Excellent time management and personal organization
- Familiarity with WordPress and Woocommerce a plus
- Relevant and direct experience required.
The position is Full Time & Salary based position at a pay rate commensurate with experience. Lunt is offering a small performance bonus based on exceeding monthly goals.
Once the person has established themselves with Lunt Solar a health insurance plan will be offered. (subject to current company policy).