Lunt LS80THa Solar Telescope
- 80 mm f/7 dedicated h-alpha telescope.
- Internal etalon allows a True Doppler pressure tuning system for precision tuning adjustments.
- The LS80THa/PT includes your choice of a 2″ Crayford or Starlight Instruments Feather Touch Focuser and blocking filter, a Sun-Finder, Lunt Zoom eyepiece, aluminum case, and dovetail.
Please Note: If this product shows “Available on Backorder” and you would like to “get in line” by placing an order with a 10% deposit, send us an email. A member of our staff will contact you with lead times and deposit information.
A blocking filter is required with this system. Choose the system with the appropriate blocking filter (and focuser) for your applications.
B1200 – You are planning to use this telescope visually.
B1800 – You want a wider field of view and/or plan to do some imaging with a standard camera.
Estimated lead time: 1-2 months
$2,649.00 – $4,199.00
The Lunt Solar Systems LS80THa/PT is a complete and dedicated solar telescope. A precision aligned ED refractor with a fully un-obstructed 80 mm optical aperture, this package provides a significant step up into the intermediate category of solar observing. The LS80THa/PT (PT = Pressure-Tuned) maintains the most advanced technology of Doppler True Tuning for fine adjustment of the center wavelength, allowing research of the Sun’s disk and surface details at increased image scale. Prominences, flares, super granulation, filaments, and active regions will be observed.
True Doppler Tuning allows for a shift into and away from the user, adding a 3D-like component to the viewing experience. While it has minimal effect on proms due to their location at the edge of the disk, it does have an effect on filaments and active regions on the surface. While looking at a filament at the center of the Sun, the user has the ability to Doppler shift from the base of the filament to the tip, following the filament through it’s structure toward you and away from you, allowing for enhanced visual and imaging capability for the observer as well as a research tool for the avid hobbyist. The pressure tuning system provides an order of magnitude more precision to the tuning of the desired features.
The LS80THa package is fully upgradeable with several options, including the evolutionary Dual Internal Stack Etalon System (DSII). The DSII eliminates the need for an external doublestack etalon, reducing cost and eliminating obstructions. The system is 100% un-obstructed. The bandpass is reduced to <0.5 Angstroms, allowing you to see the Sun’s weather in stunning high definition. The image above shows the LS80THa/PT with the optional DSII installed.
LS80THa/PT Specifications: (single stacked)
- Optical Aperture: 80 mm (Unobstructed)
- Etalon: Internal Tuning: Internal Pressure Tune (Doppler True Tuning)
- Focal Length: 560 mm
- F Ratio: 7
- Focuser: 2″ Crayford or Feather Touch (choose from Options drop-down)
- Mounting: Integrated clamshell style with 1/4-20 tapped base
- Storage: Aluminum finished hard case with fitted foam
- Weight: 8.8 lb
- Sun Finder: Tele Vue Sol Searcher
- Mounting: Lunt 6″ Dovetail
- Eyepiece: Lunt Zoom Eyepiece
- Blocking Filter: B1200 or 1800 (choose from Options drop-down
- Case: Aluminum Finished Hard Case with Custom Foam
Choose an LS80THa with the blocking filter that is right for you:
B1200 – for visual use
B1800 – for larger field of view and imaging applications
No Blocking Filter Warning – only choose this package if you already have a Lunt Solar Systems blocking filter at your disposal. All Lunt Solar Systems h-alpha telescopes require a Lunt Blocking Filter!