More Lunt Solar Systems
The Very Latest News
March 24th 2012
The LS230T are shipping.
Stephen Ramsden’s Corner
Image of the week
Here is the Solar Image of the Week.
Thanks to: Howard
Lunt Solar CaK Filter
A very nice image from Florida.
Real Time Images: The Very Latest from SOHO
Lunt Solar Home Page
Visit our Home Webpage to view our products and picture galleries
Lunt Solar Chat Forum
Open discussion forum regarding Solar equipment. A great place to ask questions.
Buy & Sell Surplus & Used Telescope Equipment.
We have a NEW and IMPROVED classifieds section in process. Buy and sell surplus and used items.
Lunt Solar Image Gallery
Visit this link to enter our image gallery area. View images by product.
Lunt Solar Systems will be attending NEAF 2012.
Use the links below to browse our selection of products
The Sun is our Star!
.......and as you would expect, our Star is hot, bright, dynamic, and sometimes quite violent.
At 93 million miles away, we are ideally placed at a point where the Sun provides just enough warmth and energy essential to our living planet, Earth.
At only 93 million miles, the Sun is close enough for us to view it's surface thru a relatively inexpensive scope from the comfort and relative safety (Sunscreen please) of our backyards on a clear and warm day.
What! Astronomy during the day? Lunt Solar wants to show you how.
These look like eruptions from the edge of the Solar disk. Prominences can be small spikey looking details, or large cloud-like detail with fine feather-like features.
They are, in fact, ionized Hydrogen-alpha emissions being projected from the linb.
Prominences are anchored to the Sun's surface in the Mesosphere, and extend outward into the Sun's Troposhere.
They typically measure many earth diameters.
These are strin-like features on the surface of the Sun.
At high resultion they take on a 3D effect due to the coller aspect of the suspended filament contrasted against the bright, hotter Sun.
They are actually prominences being viewed against the surface.
A Spicule is a dynamic jet of gas about 500km long.
They move outward at about 20km/second thru the Chromosphere.
Father Angelo Secchi of the Vatican Observatory discovered them in 1877.
The Chromosphere is entirely composed of Spicules. These features can be seen as "fur"around the edge of the disk.
There's definately stuff to look at :)
The Lunt LS60THa/PT is the perfect solar telescope for beginners as well as intermediate users
As the Sun enters Solar Maximum over the next few years, the excitement of viewing our Star thru a dedicated Solar telescope is sure to provide many many hours of visual enjoyment and educational insights.
This package is fully upgradeable at any time without ever having to go back to the factory. As the Sun becomes increasingly more active, you will appreciate that the instrument can grow right along with it.
Lunt LS60THa solar telescopes with a pressure tuner provides the basic essentials perfect for a first time introduction to Daytime Solar Observing, while also including the newest technology for fine tuning, allowing basic research of the Sun’s disk and some surface details.
True Doppler Tuning (Pressure Tuning) allows for a shift into and away from the user, adding a 3D like component to the viewing experience. While it has minimal effect on proms due to their being at the edge of the disk, it does have an effect on filaments and active regions on the surface. While looking at a filament at the center of the Sun the user has the ability to Doppler shift from the base of the filament to the tip, following the filament thru it’s structure toward you and away from you, allowing for enhanced visual and imaging capability for the observer as well as a research tool for the avid hobbyist. The pressure tuning system provides an order of magnitude more precision to the tuning of the desired features.
- Narrow Band Hydrogen-alpha (656.28nm) Dedicated System.
- A refractor based system with a 60mm front objective.
- An internal Etalon with a pressure tuner allows for <0.70 Angstrom bandpass, providing a perfect blend of edge and surface detail.
- The system includes the clamshell with threaded holes for mounting, dust caps, and is delivered in an Aluminum re-enforced case.
- An eyepiece is NOT included, and although any eyepiece will work, we recommend the Lunt Zoom.
- Additional accessories may be required (see below). Please inquire with your dealer.
Specifications: (single stacked)
- Type: Single Interference Etalon
- Tuning: Internal Pressure Tune (Doppler True Tuning)
- Aperture: 60mm
- Focal Length: 500mm
- F Ratio: F8.3
- Bandpass: <0.70 Angstroms @ 656nm
- Focuser: 2″ Crayford with 10:1 fine adjustment (standard) or 2″ Feather Touch with 10:1 (upgrade)
- Mounting: Integrated clamshell style with 1/4-20 tapped base
- Color: Pearl White with Black and Red accents
- Diagonal: B600 Blocking Filter (standard) or B1200 Blocking Filter (upgrade)
- Storage: Aluminum finished hard case with fitted foam
- Weight: 8.8 lbs (4kgs)
- Skill level: Beginner on up
- Starting at: US$1,596.00
Required Blocking Filter: (see “blocking filters”)
- B600 for standard visual use (included)
- B1200 for larger field of view and imaging applications (upgrade)
Optional Accessories: (see “accessories”)
LS60THa Packages with Pressure Tuner…
The LS60THa with Pressure Tuner is available in several variations. Below is a list of options and their prices:
* Standard system with B600 visual use blocking filter and standard 2″ Crayford focuser
Retail Price: US$1,596.00
* Standard system with B1200 imaging upgraded blocking filter and standard 2″ Crayford focuser
Retail Price: US$1,896.00
* Standard system with B600 visual use blocking filter and upgraded 2″ Feathertouch Focuser
Retail Price: US$2,016.00
* Standard system with upgraded B1200 imaging blocking filter and upgraded 2″ Feathertouch Focuser
Retail Price: US$2,316.00
These part numbers can be looked up in the Price List or call for more information
Please Note: The LS60THa Pressure Tuner model is also available with the addition of an externally mounted 50mm unobstructed etalon (double-stacking) for <0.5A views. Click the links to see the Lunt 60mm Double-Stacked Solar Telescopes with Pressure Tuner.
You may also be interested in:
LS50FHa for double stacking (see “LS50FHa“)
LS60THa Basic Packages (with tilt tuner) (see “LS60THa Basic“)
LS80THa/PT (see “New LS80T/PT“)
LS100THa (see “LS100T“)
LS152THa (see “LS152T“)
Pre-orders will be shipped in the order they are received.
Prices are subject to change without notice.
Customer Solar Images:
For more images visit the Lunt Solar Image Gallery
No-one brings you closer to our nearest Star than Lunt Solar Systems… the next generation of Solar Instrumentation.
About Lunt Solar Systems LLC…
Lunt Solar Systems is a manufacturing and sales facility located in Tucson, Arizona. Lunt Solar design, fabricate, assemble, and test solar telescopes and solar filters. Whether you are looking for a dedicated solar telescope or a solar filter for attachment to you own astronomy telescope, we can help. Solar telescopes models start at $598 for an LS35T (telescope) or the only slightly more expensive LS50F (filter), all the way thru the 152T and the 160F. Solar observing is both fun and educational. Don’t miss out on Solar Maximum.